Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hello friends, thought I should start writing in my blog about my experiences in Japan. It is kind of amazing, I have already been here for over two weeks and in many ways I feel like I have been here longer than that. Perhaps it is because I studied in Mitaka Japan just over a year and a half ago at Japan Lutheran College. Japan no longer feels like a place of visual discovery but rather feels like a place where I learn where God wants me to be and what God wants me to be doing.

The first six months, I feel will be the greatest challenge for me. Not so much because of the language barrier as I learn Japanese or because of the classes which I need to attend. But it will be the greatest challenge for me because it is not until the 6th months are over when I will finally be assigned to a church to do the mission work which God has sent me here to do! Meanwhile, I am looking for ways in which I can proclaim to Gospel to people in my daily experiences throughout my first six months in Japan.

I ask that you keep me in your prayers during this time. Pray for endurance in learning Japanese, pray for my spiritual life that I may live in constant prayer and devotion, pray for the people in Japan that they may hear the word of Christ and listen, pray for my fellow missionaries in Japan and throughout the World, lastly include yourselves in prayer that you may also proclaim to the world the Good-News found in Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments: